Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Early Spring Among the Oaks

Over the weekend I went out among the wild oaks for a bit of a pick-me-up. There is a perfect picnic place I have discovered nearby and so I packed up a picnic and took off. Being in the Wild Wood is a wonderful healer for my spirit when I'm feeling a bit down. I gathered some acorns, played on a swing, and best of all, I lay back on the grass watching the sun dance on the leaves of the trees all around me. I even took the time to melt into the earth and feel it spinning on its axis. (All you need is some time - just lay on your back on the ground and close your eyes. Relax. That spinning sensation is the rotation of the earth!)

The trees were enjoying their early spring afternoon sunlight, and it showed. A gentle breeze would rustle through their leaves and the sunlight dancing on the surface shimmered like silver and gold raining down on the earth. It was truly beautiful to have made the time to visit with them and listen to their delighted whispers.

No comments:

Post a Comment